~Re BBB, I always said Dems would eventually pass “something”. A “watered down” bill. They need something of a win.
~I was a bit shocked Manchin said “no” over Christmas.
~So, while I hope I’m wrong here, I do still believe something passes.
~Life has become hard for Manchin and he might not want to split until after the Midterms, which is why he decided to “talk to Biden” some more over the holiday.
~He has nothing to gain politically, if he switches parties before November. I’ve said this before. Ideally, he stays where he is and jumps after the GOP takes control.
~Manchin is likely trying to have his cake and eat it too. But can he do it? The Dems are unwelcoming to him.
~Regardless, in the end, the GOP (who smell blood in the water), know the Dems have just a few months before they’re out of power.
2022 is here.
It’s simple statistics: If you test everyone that walks into a hospital regardless of symptoms, then whatever the maximum amount of false positives that is possible, THAT’S HOW MANY FALSE POSITIVES YOU WILL GET.
Say you have a test that is 90% accurate and a virus only 1 in 100 people is likely to have. You test 100 people, 89 will test negative, 11 will test positive. Out of those 11, one of them is the actual 1 out of 100 who has it, the other 10 are false positives: They are the 10% error rate. Simple math.
Congratulations, you’ve just inflated the infection rate by a factor of 10.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY’VE BEEN DOING FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT.
Good morning everyone and Happy Monday.
Hope you all have a magnificent day.
Take good care of yourselves.
Be alert, be healthy, and be free.